"Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabeth Strout
|About the Book||About the Author|
|Awards||Short Story Writing Workshop|
About Elizabeth Strout, Author of "Olive Kitteridge"
Elizabeth Strout is the winner of the 2009 Pulitzer Prize for her story collection, Olive Kitteridge. She is also the author of two novels, Abide with Me, a national bestseller and BookSense pick; and Amy and Isabelle, which won the Los Angeles Times Art Seidenbaum Award for First Fiction and the Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize, and was a finalist for the PEN/Faulkner Award and the Orange Prize in England. Ms. Strout's short stories have been published in a number of magazines, including The New Yorker and O: The Oprah Magazine. She was raised in small towns in New Hampshire and Maine. She is on the faculty of the MFA program at Queens University in Charlotte, North Carolina, and currently lives in New York City.
About Elizabeth Strout and "Olive Kitteridge"
• Elizabeth Strout's website
• Chicago Tribune: Elizabeth Strout Peeks Out For a Bit
• Elizabeth Strout on Twitter
• FailBetter.com: Virtual Interview with Elizabeth Strout
• The Globe and Mail: Elizabeth Strout's Puritan Roots
• LibraryThing Author Interview: Elizabeth Strout
• The Morning News: Interview with Elizabeth Strout
• On Point with Tom Ashbrook: Elizabeth Strout's "Olive Kitteridge" (audio)
• ">Paula Gordon Show - Reading Yourself: Interview with Elizabeth Strout (YouTube video)
• Random House Reader’s Circle: Q&A with Elizabeth Strout and Olive Kitteridge
• Splash of Red: Interview with Elizabeth Strout
• Washington Post: Fiction Pulitzer Prize Winner Elizabeth Strout Talks Writing, 'Olive Kitteridge'
• Writers on the Record, with Victoria Lautman: Interview with Elizabeth Strout (audio)
• Writers on Writing with Barbara DeMarco-Barrett : Interview with Elizabeth Strout (audio)
About Elizabeth Strout and The Pulitzer Prize
• The Pulitzer Prize citation for "Olive Kitteridge"
• L.A. Times: Pulitzer Goes to Elizabeth Strout, Former L.A. Times Book Award Winner
• Women on the Web: What it Feels Like to Win a Pulitzer Prize – A Q&A With Novelist Elizabeth Strout
• Elizabeth Strout's Pulitzer Recommendations